Jewelry Naperville – AAA Jewelry & Diamond Exchange – 1205 Ogden Avenue – Downers Grove – Call Us Today: 630-852-0003
If you’re planning to purchase an engagement ring for that special person in your life, you might find that the Jewelry Naperville options seem overwhelming. There are a wide range of gemstones, cuts, settings and designs available when you’re looking for engagement rings. Understandably, it can be challenging to determine the right Jewelry Naperville choice for your significant other. Issues such as the kind of metal and if the engagement ring should be basic or ornate can depend mainly upon your personal style and preferences and – of course – your partner’s too.
The Benefits of Diamond Jewelry Naperville
Is your birthday in April? If so, you’re lucky because the diamond is your birthstone! Diamonds have long been among the world’s most desired and sought after precious gemstones. Here’s a few of the main reasons why diamonds remain so popular:
-The durability of diamonds. One significant benefit to diamonds is simply their remarkable strength. In fact, diamonds are the hardest, most durable naturally-occurring material in the world. Consequently, that means that diamonds are very unlikely to get damaged or scratched. Due to their hardness, diamonds are frequently used in production to grind or cut industrial materials. Also, because the melting point temperature of diamonds is so high, they can even endure being engulfed in fire.
-The beauty of diamonds. All varieties of gemstones are very appealing, but diamonds present a distinctive brilliance. That’s because they feature the greatest clarity of all the gemstones, which basically means that they shine the light the most. Additionally, many diamonds are cut to specifically enhance their light refraction and reflection so they shine more.
Looking for Beautiful Jewelry Naperville? Visit AAA Jewelry & Diamond Exchange in Nearby Downers Grove
-Plenty of variety. White diamonds are among the most versatile of all gemstones. Their clear, one-of-a-kind color compliments most anything. However, diamonds actually can form in a wide array of beautiful colors such as pink, blue, yellow or green. It’s even possible to color treat a white diamond to transform it into a color of your liking.
-A smart investment. When you purchase a diamond for an engagement ring or for another type of Jewelry Naperville, you’re investing in a lasting item that carries significant value.
-Diamonds are meaningful. Perhaps among the most important benefits of wearing diamond Jewelry Naperville is the meaning that is behind the stone. After all, a diamond represents the concept of “forever.” Gifting a diamond is, without a doubt, a significant gesture. It’s a gift that represents the enduring bond that you share with the special people in your life, whether it’s a bond of marriage, family or friendship.
You want your jewelry to sparkle and look its best. But steady exposure to dirt, dust, air, soaps, lotions and moisture can cause your favorite jewelry to dull and diminish their gleam. Fortunately, it’s quite possible to quickly clean many of the pieces in your Jewelry Naperville collection. With some simple do-it-yourself tips, you can restore dull gold and silver back to their sparkling selves and get gemstones such as emeralds, diamonds, sapphires and rubies back to optimal condition once again. To get started, just stock up on a few standard cleaning supplies:
-Silver polish. The ideal way to thoroughly clean up those tarnished pieces of silver and prevent re-tarnishing is with a quality silver polish. Choose a polish that contains essential ingredients which dissipate and remove unsightly tarnish while also leaving a protective, durable coating that prevents tarnish from reforming.
While some silver liquid polishes might be on the messy side, particularly if you’re short on time, wipes can be a good alternative. Specially made multiple-layer cloths that feature one side for cleaning and removing tarnish and the other side for adding shine, for instance, are an effective option.
In the event you do not have silver polish available and need to promptly clean your silver Jewelry Naperville below are a few alternative methods. Note that these DIY treatments will not prevent tarnish from eventually returning and they should not be used too frequently.
- -Dish soap. Blend a couple drops of quality dish soap with warm water. Then, dab a soft, clean cloth into this solution and rub your silver Jewelry Naperville pieces to remove tarnish. Lastly, rinse the jewelry off with water and use a different cloth to dry it.
- -Baking soda. For pieces that show heavy tarnish, combine 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Dampen the silver and then apply the baking soda paste with a cloth. Be sure it gets into all the crevices, turning the cloth while absorbs the tarnish. Next, rinse thoroughly and dry.
- -Toothpaste. Just as the mildly abrasive properties of toothpaste can remove unsightly stains from teeth, it also effectively removes tarnish from silver. Simply apply a little toothpaste to the tarnished areas of your silver. Gently rub your Jewelry Naperville with a soft cloth. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
- Here are a few interesting facts about engagement rings you may not know:
- -The act of presenting and receiving an engagement ring traces back thousands of years to ancient Egyptian times. Back then, rings were often made by twisting and braiding hemp or papyrus reeds together. Just as engagement rings do to this day, those materials symbolized an enduring bond and dedication.
- -While most people are aware that engagement rings traditionally are worn upon the 3rd finger of the left hand, many may not be aware that this stems from a belief among ancient Egyptians that the “ring” finger contained veins that led straight to the heart.
- -Engagement rings have long been a symbol of union and lasting commitment. Research has indicated that even when humans were cave dwellers, they tied segments of braided grass around the wrists or waist of their mates.
- -Engagement rings frequently were presented as the sign of a financial commitment, where the giver could demonstrate an intention to provide for their mate. Typically, a bag containing coins would accompany the ring.
- -The old notion that an engagement ring should cost approximately 3 months wages is not necessarily true. With so many options and designs available, it’s very possible to find a beautiful ring that works with your budget.
- -It’s typically not advisable to select a ring in a hurry. Instead, take some time to visit our store in nearby Downers Grove and look at the wide selection of Jewelry
Naperville we stock. Our knowledgeable staff can answer any questions you have about gemstones, designs, settings and more to help you choose a ring that’s just right for your partner.
- -December is among the more popular months for purchasing Jewelry Naperville and engagement rings, with as many as 15 percent of couples choosing to start their engagement during the holiday month. Other common days for popping the question include New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving and, naturally, Valentine’s Day.
- -When it comes to choosing a style of ring, the round cut is often the most popular, followed closely by the princess cut. Platinum and white gold are usually the most commonly chosen type of metals. If you’re planning to select an engagement ring for that special person in your life, it’s certainly worth learning which style and materials they prefer.
We have great deals on Jewelry Naperville! Our store is a quick trip away in Downers Grove.